Sunday, October 28, 2012

Highball halloween

Went to the Highball Halloween event in the short north here in Cbus. We'd gone previously something like 4 years ago; it was quite a bit colder than it was this year and we froze. Dressed all wrong, no haori, heeled boots... what a miserable night, not to mention how crowded it was. This year was cold and it sprinkled the whole time and it was windy (ie. the east coast at the moment, thanks Sandy) but I was atleast better prepared this time, and the event was much better managed than before.


Me and 'DJ Lance'.
Wearing; Tights, knee highs, 2 piece juban, juban, some tsukesage looking awase kimono (ahead of season, but fits nicely), fukuro, round obijime, shibori obiage, flats, and a long synthetic haori, for all the beer spilled on me by the countless (but over all rather friendly) drunks. 
In terms of comfort, this was the best outfit I've ever worn; never shivered from cold, didn't sweat from over heating. I think it's a first. For future cold weather trips, I'd want long gloves and a scarf though, and look for cute/warm/comfortable boots.

I feel like I might be coming down with something.

No comments: